How to use Anki Flashcards
I suggest to print these instructions so you can follow them more easily.
Learn About Anki
1. On your computer, go to https://apps.ankiweb.net or you can search google for "Anki" to find the page.
2. I suggest to read the introduction on that page.
3. I suggest to read the start of the "Docs" and watch some of the intro videos there too.
Installing the computer app
4. On your computer, go to https://apps.ankiweb.net again.
5. Click "Download".
6. Choose the tab for your computer's operating system, either Windows, Mac, or Linux/BSD.
7. Press the "Download Anki ..." button.
8. After the installer has finished downloading, run the installer.
9. If your computer asks if you want to allow the program to make changes, click "Yes".
10. Click "Install", and continue through the install process.
Signing up to AnkiWeb
11. Go to https://ankiweb.net in your browser.
12. Click "Sign up", and complete the sign up process.
13. Log in to anki web.
14. Start the Anki app on your computer.
15. Press the "sync" button at the right of the window, it's a grey circle with two white arrows in it.
16. Sign in using your AnkiWeb ID and password.
Get a Shared Deck of Flashcards
17. Go to https://ankiweb.net
18. Log in if needed, and click the button "Get Shared Decks". You can search for a deck.
19. Here are some of the decks I am using:
• Daito-ryu Aiki-jujutsu - https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/2033524094
• Aikido Yoshinkan - https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/217029191
• All in One Kanji Deck (Heisig's RTK Order, 6th edition) - https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1862058740
• Kanji Radical (Primitive) - https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1044119361
20. Press the "Download" button on the shared deck page, then double-click the downloaded file to add it to Anki.
Study on Your Computer
21. You can study your deck using the Anki program on your computer.
22. You can also study on another computer or device on the web at https://ankiweb.net, without installing an app.
Install Anki on your Phone or Tablet
23. Go back to https://apps.ankiweb.net, click "Download", and choose the iPhone/Android tab.
24. For Android, click "Get AnkiDroid", and install it to your device. You can also search for "AnkiDroid" on Google Play.
25. For Apple, I'm sorry to say the "AnkiMobile" app costs $25, it is not free like the other versions.
• It is well worth buying it, and you get to feel good for supporting Anki development.
• If you can stay online, you could study in your web browser at https://ankiweb.net instead of using the app.
26. Open the app on your device, and log in by pressing "sync". Your decks will download, then you can study on the go.
27. Don't forget to press "sync" from time to time, to keep things consistent on all your devices.
Become an Anki Power User
28. Read the rest of the manual to learn how to use all the features of Anki.
29. If you are up for a big challenge, try learning 2,200 Kanji in 100 days with Anki! https://nihongoshark.com/learn kanji
30. Make your own deck for learning something useful, and share it with the world.